Filed under: wanita | Tags: election, kamilia, Perak, Sultan Perak, UMNO, women NGO
I felt so disgusted reading the NST online news: “Women NGOs urge Sultan to delay MB swearing-in, consider BN minority government”. Extracted from the news: Nine women NGOs have made an urgent plea for the Sultan of Perak Sultan Azlan Shah to postpone the swearing-in ceremony scheduled tomorrow and to consider instead the option of a minority BN government.
Who are the hell are these people? Have they spoken publicly before about the sexist remarks by this Datuk Bung Mokhtar Raden Bung Mokhtar and few others UMNO sexists club? Is it true these nine NGOs women represent women voices from these agencies:
1. The districts Perak Women and Family Development Council
2. The (WI) Women Grouping
3. The Gerakwanis Belia 4B
4. The Perak Malaysian Muslim Women Welfare Body
5. The Perak Women Cooperative
6. The members of the Pertubuhan Peladang Kawasan (PPK)
7. The Jawatankuasa Kemajuan dan Keselamatan Kampung (JKKK)
8. The Henry Gurney Alumni
9. The women members of the Gabungan Pelajar Melayu Semenanjung (GPMS)
Can somebody enlighten me if these women had obtained some sort of petitient or poll from these nine agencies before publicly announcing to the world that they are representing these nine agencies to reject the majority of the voters’ decision and to reject the decision made by the Pemangku Sultan Perak to appoint PAS member as MB Perak?
And who the hell is this Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim? My google search tells me that:
1. Oooohh she just recently got a blog: http://kamiliaibrahim.com/
2. Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim of the Umno Women’s Wing called for the enactment of a new law to govern the affairs of non-Muslims. ‘There should be specific laws governing the setting up of places of worship. We now see places of worship all over the place, from under the tree to on the roadside,’ said Datuk Kamilia. She also warned other races ‘not to play with fire’ and undermine racial unity.
3. Dato’ Kamilia Ibrahim, aged 53, Malaysian, was appointed to the Board of KUB Malaysia Berhad on 28 April 1997. She sits on the Boards of several KUB Malaysia Berhad subsidiaries including ITTAR Sdn Bhd, Universiti Tun abdul Razak Sdn Bhd (UNITAR), Pernida Berhad and Restoran Kualiti Sdn Bhd. In addition, she is the Chairman of ITTAR-IPP (PJ) Sdn Bhd and ITTAR -ILP (Prai) Sdn Bhd.
4. TETUAN KAMILIA IBRAHIM & CO – Is this her law firm? – http://www.klbar.org.my/classifieds/opportunities.asp, and ahhh her company is also one of the solicitor for Amanah Saham Mara Berhad
5. She is also Pemadam Secretary General
Hmmm judge yourself who is this Datuk Kamilia Ibrahim????? Can she represent the voices of women NGO since she herself is a lawyer cum UMNO politician? Do you know that in wikipedia, NGO means:
A non-governmental organization (NGO) is a legally constituted organization created by private persons or organizations with no participation or representation of any government. In the cases in which NGOs are funded totally or partially by governments, the NGO maintains its non-governmental status insofar as it excludes government representatives from membership in the organization.
Leave a Comment so far
Leave a comment